For the past few years, tourist tax has been a legal obligation and its purpose is to promote local tourism. It is therefore highly beneficial to holiday homeowners as the money collected is invested back into actions benefiting tourim. In accordance with new government requirements for the application of Tourist tax (finance law 2015, article 67), please find herein below the détails of new clauses applicable in 2017 to the CCPR’s territory :
- A single rate of 0.40 cents applicable to all B&B, regardless of quality labels.
- A lower rate of 0.22 cents for camping sites rated 1 or 2* and unclassified.
- A new tourist tax for those staying in caravan parks or touristic car parks (per 24h stay).
Compulsory exemptions have been limited to the four following cases :
- All minors are now exempted from tourist tax (below 18 yrs old).
- All local seasonal workers under contract.
- All beneficiaries of an emergency or temporary accommodation.
- All non-profit organizations offering low-rate accommodation.
Price reduction no longer apply.
The tourist tax’s collection period now runs from January 1st to December 31st.
Please find below the tourist’s tax rates and general information about the use of collected tourist tax : https://paysriberacois.taxesejour.fr